LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to modify a .bmp by clicking on it

Hello

What Im trying to do is take a .bmp  load it so the user can see the picture.  Then let them click on the image that would create little white spot.  After the user was done clicking the picture with new spots would be saved as a new bmp.  I thought I would ask here first if this was something that seemed within reason to accomplish in labview 2013.  

I have messed with it a tiny bit and am thinking of using an event click to log cordinates and then useing draw feature to put the spot on the picture.  wasnt sure if that new spot will save the image or not.

I guess Im asking is this possible?

Thank you for any advice.

Greg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,589 Views)

It sounds like you are on the write track.  But all of that is still in LabVIEW's memory.  So if you you want to save it as a .bmp, you'll need to use the Write to BMP file functions to save it  to the same file or a new file.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,570 Views)

Raptor101,

This task is certainly "within reason to accomplish" in LabVIEW 2013 and earlier.

The user experience should drive the implementation. Humans make mistakes.

What happens if they click on the wrong spot? If you had to undo a spot, is the overwritten data available?

If they make a mistake, do they have to start over? Can they?

For this type of application, I tend to use a separate transparent picture on top of the original bitmap.

Property nodes are used to make the transparent picture match the size and origin of the original.

This gives you flexibility in doing and undoing spots (click on/click off).

Keep track of the spots in an array and apply them when you are done, then save the file.

Food for thought,

steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,555 Views)