From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to control the speed and direction of a DC motor using labview with pwm

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to control the speed and direction of a  DC motor (basically a toy motor) by generating a PWM signal in labview. I am using L293d motor driver and the output DAQ DO-9472. Can i do that without the aid of any microcontroller but only a simple labview code and the output DAQ 9472 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,484 Views)
Solution
Accepted by venky@4

There are lots of examples on how to generate a PWM on a buffered DO, or on a counter, but that card doesn't support that.  Also a 8 slot cDAQ chassis has a BNC connector that can be used as a counter as well.  These examples can be found in the Help >> Example Finder in LabVIEW.

Also be aware of your current limiting issues.  This card can drive a decent amount of current, but it has its limits.  You'll want to put a meter inline to see what the current draw is and see how close you get to it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,449 Views)

thank you.

Can you please explain me what is a BNC connector? and also please, can know the DAQs that would fulfill my purpose

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,436 Views)

BNC Connector

Here is an example where I demonstrate using the BNC connector on a 8 slot cDAQ to perform a hardware timed frequency sweep.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-32352

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,427 Views)