From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to connect SR400.

I am Using SR400 instrument. I want to connect sr400 with labview using GPIB. While communicating GPIB address it is displaying. If we give scan for new instrument then it will show " Instrument didnot respond to *idn? query". What may be the problem? 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,856 Views)
Not all instruments respond to *idn?. Some might use id?, *ID?, or
whatever... Check the manual.

Regards,

Wiebe.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,845 Views)

You could try checking the manual for the command list and use that to query the instrument.

Regards,
Denver

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,827 Views)

Did you ever find the answer to the *IDN? command? I am having the same problem.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,417 Views)
Did you do what was recommended - read the manual? If the command is not listed, it cannot respond to it. No problem at all. Simply ignore the warning.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,410 Views)

Yup, read the manual. Nothing there about it. I did find out that I can ignore it since it has ID'd the GPIB address. I am going to run the VI today and let you know if there are problems. It must be the age of the SR400, because I have a DG645 that responds to the *IDN? query! Thanks for getting back to me!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,380 Views)