From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to compare the "screen brightness" of two images using a template image and an acquired image

Solved!
Go to solution

Mostly looking for suggestions on the best way to go about this. Im trying to run a test that will allow me to compare the screen brightness of an LCD using a webcam. Essentially i will cycle power on the screen and every so often the screen will be incredibly dim. Im thinking i should be able to use the subtract feature with the two images and if i have a normal screen it should produce a close to 0 result, whereas the dim screen should give a non zero value (pixel wise) but so far have not been succesful.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,986 Views)

Can you elaborate on what type of equipment you are using and the outputs of this equipment?

-ncm
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,970 Views)

I am using a logitech usb webcam, I actually managed to find a vi that solved my issue! Thanks for the quick response

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,966 Views)

Glad you found the solution! 🙂

-ncm
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,958 Views)

Help other people by telling what your solution is!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,952 Views)

Make sure your camera exposure settings are manual or your webcam will compensate for any kind of brightness variations you have!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,938 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jgarv743

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370281AA-01/imaqvision/imaq_light_meter__point/  I used the rectangle version but this block instead of going with a subtraction! Being new to and self teaching labview i often overstep these easier solutions 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,895 Views)