LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want a control that looks like an indicator

Hi all,

I have a strict type def. for a cluster containing many objects (numerical values, strings and menu ring). I need to use the type def. as an indicator and as a control, but I want it to be the same in both case (i don't want the increment/decrement arrows visible, the white backgrounds, etc.).

When I set the cluster as a control, these features automatically appears.

Any idea on how to disable this?

Thanks,

Alex
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,562 Views)

Right-click on the desired control...visible items...increment/decrement. Uncheck as needed. 🙂

You can color the background any color you want using the color tool.

Message Edited by altenbach on 07-20-2005 09:44 AM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,551 Views)
The simplest thing is to edit the indicators inside the cluster, and to move the increment/decrement buttons behind the numeric display. Give a custom color to the control using the paint brush. That's it. See the attached example.

Edit : just a comment on Christian solution (since he was one more time faster than me). The hide/show option don't work : each time you change the cluster from control to indicator and back the buttons reappear... 😉

Message Edited by chilly charly on 07-20-2005 06:51 PM

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 3 of 6
(2,547 Views)

Thanks for your quick answers... I figured out that painting the increment/decrement arrows with the transparent color does it, and I had to use custom colors for the backgrounds instead of the "indicator background" and "control background" system colors (didn't notice that they were special colors at the beginning).

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,535 Views)
One point - painting the buttons transparent does not make them disappear - the user will still be able to click them unless you move them out of sight like Charly said.

(2,529 Views)

tst - 1, AlexTR - 0

Yeah... you're perfectly right, I'll put them behind the box.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,519 Views)