LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I set my cRIO from 'DHCP' to 'link local' and lost contact with it.

Solved!
Go to solution

I set my cRIO from 'DHCP' to 'link local' and lost contact with it.

I changed the setting at the placed labeled "2" to link local only, then I think I hit save at "3".  Then poof, I had no network contact with my cRIO.  

I tried;

Hitting the reset button

Opening a closing MAX

Going to safe mode

Throwing the Reset IP switch 

Power cycling the cRIO

Running cat 5 cable directly from the Host to my target

None of it worked, and I have no contact with my cRIO.

dhcp fail.png

This is what MAX looks like now.  How can I fix this?

dhcp fail2.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,332 Views)

You need to set your PC NIC to a 10.x.x.x IP address, like 10.0.15.16 and a mask of 255.0.0.0, but I am assuming that both your PC and the cROI are on a network with a DHCP server, and that your PC network can be changed by you (admin rights)

Machine Vision, Robotics, Embedded Systems, Surveillance

www.movimed.com - Custom Imaging Solutions
Message 2 of 6
(4,302 Views)

Make sure to disable the firewall on your computer.

Otherwise you can check through the steps in this documentation:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/ABE4BC247E8AC9BC8625734E005CAB42

Note specifically that one option is to read the console out from the target VIA the serial port will a null modem cable during boot and it will indicate what IP the system is using.

Craig H. | CLA CTA CLED | Applications Engineer | NI Employee 2012-2023
Message 3 of 6
(4,293 Views)

After a lot of trial and error, I found that resetting the cRIO wile "no APP" and "IP Reset" where toggled up "fixed" it.  Smiley Very Happy  At least it pushed my cRIO back into DHCP mode.  I still can't figure out why, it's undetectable in link local mode.  Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,284 Views)

Do you have a DHCP server? If not, the cRIO won't pick up an IP address, and instead it will default to a link-local one. If your computer has an IP address that is not in the link-local space, then you may have trouble connecting to the cRIO because your computer won't consider it as being on the local subnet.

Message 5 of 6
(4,271 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chon.Mech

It turns out I had more then one problem.  Corrupted drivers, to many 255's in my subnet mask, overly complex LAN, over used server... you get the idea.  So I just deleted all the software, disassembled all the hardware and started over from scratch.  Now its back up and working.  

Thanks for the advice every one, all the bits and peace's where helpful in helping me see the bigger picture.  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,202 Views)