LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to read LabView data from another application while LabView is running

Is is possible to set up LabView data files for shared access? I need to read the LabView results (in Paradox files) from another application without stopping LabView. Right now, if I try to read the LabView data (in Read-only mode) from the other app LabView is interrupted. Not Good.

Can I get around this? Do more current versions of LabView ( >5.0) make this any easier?

Thanks for any information

Fred Murray
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,354 Views)
Hi Fred,

I don’t have a Paradox database installed on my computer, but it might be something particular about the database and how it allows files to be accessed. As far as LabVIEW file sharing goes on Windows, there should be no problems having LabVIEW write out a file and have another program try to read from that file. I’m not sure if Paradox has a different set of requirements and/or might have file sharing/locking settings that you need to configure first.

Do you have another application that writes information to the Paradox database that you can test out reading from? Maybe this will let us know if the problem is something particular to LabVIEW and we can more easily address the issue that way.

I did find a brief post regarding sharing Paradox tables:
http://www.webservertalk.com/message865033.html

Let me know if this helps. Thanks again for the information.

Kileen
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,321 Views)