From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to have more than one front panel for one block panel

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi , 

I need to split this front panel into two or many .. so that i can seperate my control button are in one panel and camera display in another panel . is it possile 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(2,817 Views)

usually i use TAB control (look at the containers category) for this purpose.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(2,815 Views)

I am going to have two monitors in my application. each monitor shows different indicator/control for same code (vision one monitor and another is control key )

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(2,812 Views)

I do not know if it is possible to show different parts of one single vi on two monitors. Hm, this is what I would do: create a second vi which could be a pop up dialog for example. So the user could even decide when to open it. You can programmatically decide which monitor it will pop up in. You can dynamically call this subvi from the main vi, and do intercom with an FGV or something else...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(2,795 Views)

Hi do you any code related to that .. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(2,787 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SaranVenkateshS

Hi saran,

each monitor shows different indicator/control for same code (vision one monitor and another is control key )

How can there be the very same code for those very different items (controls vs VISION display)?

Seperate that into two VIs and display both VIs on their own monitor. Browse the VI properties, they allow setting the monitor for each VI…

Other option: increase the frontpanel size so the VI covers both monitors…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(2,778 Views)

Yes, if the poster does need always the two panels open, it is just much more simple to have two VIs, running at the same time with shown FP on the two separate monitors.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(2,775 Views)

hi 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(2,773 Views)

it is like subvi panel, not seperate vi projects

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(2,770 Views)

Hi saran,

nobody spoke about "projects", but all suggested "use two VIs"…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(2,765 Views)