LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to develop an Activex control

I need to develop an ActiveX control by Visual Basic.NET 2003, and I have to use it in LabVIEW 7. I search tutorials or any help about it. I found tutorials for VB6, but nothing for VB.NET, in which the ActiveX project does not exist. Can anyone help me ?
Many thanks.

Filippo

Message Edited by Filippo on 08-30-2005 08:58 AM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,484 Views)
Is there any reason you don't want to create a .NET class instead? That is what the new version of VS.NET is all about...

What does this code need to do?

Final suggestion - you might try repeating this question on the MeasurementStudio forum as that has many more Visual Studio customers on it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,470 Views)

Also, remember that LabVIEW provides tight integration with .NET native Code. This means that if you create a.NET assembly (class, whatever) LabVIEW will be able to make calls to it exactly as it was able to call properties and methods from an ActiveX. The only thing that changes is perspective.

Cheers

AlessioD

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,458 Views)
I attempt to explain the problem. Sorry form my English.
I have to horizzontaly scroll a ListBox, in a LabVIEW software, but with an external scrollbar. In the ListBox there is an horizzontal scrollbar, but is not possible, I think, to control it. I thinked to develope a custom control with a custom ActiveX, and I have some problem about it.
However,  if someone has other pieces of advices for my problem, for me is ok !
Thanks.

Filippo
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,448 Views)
Ciao Filippo,
you can use the control property TopRow.
This property should range from 0 to N-1 (N is the list length) and controls what is the element displayed on the first visible row of the ListBox.
If you don't know N, you may get it reading the property ItemNames (it's an array of strings) and obtaining its size.
I hope that this will help you.

Paolo
Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,439 Views)

Your suggestion is ok, but for a vertical scroll. On the contrary, I have to scroll horizontally the item displayed, because in my LabVIEW SW the width of the column can be lover then the length of the strings. Moreover I have to use an external scrollbar and not the ListBox horizontal scrollbar.

Thanks to everybody.
Filippo
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,423 Views)