From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to call the Run continously button programmatically from MFC application .

I have create Labview application from sample VI and with help of VirtualInstrument class I am to access the methods like Run ,SetControlValue and getControlvalue .But for VI we have Run continously button also .how do I programmatically call the Run continously button opteration from my applciation using VI methods.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,337 Views)
"Run Continuously" is not something that should be used in an application. (There are very few legitimate uses for continuous run, e.g. to quickly play with a few input parameters while debugging a subVI independent of the main application. The equivalent in your case would be to just place the run invocation in a loop and call it repeatedly. This is definitely not the way to do it!)

Why don't you simply place a big while loop around all the code inside the VI that needs to run continuously?

See also THIS recent discussion.
Message 2 of 3
(2,337 Views)
altenbach is absolutely correct. I would highly dissuade you from using the Run Continuously Button to execute your application. The best way would be as he explained, to envelope the application code in a large while loop. This way, you are not repeatedly calling the application.

Jeremy L.
National Instruments
Jeremy L.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,337 Views)