LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to blink the Datapoints in XY graph.

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm attaching the VI. There is 3 more SubVI's. If its required then I will attach it.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(1,415 Views)

Here is a horrifically messy implementation of Altenbach's solution, along with an example snippet (slightly less horrifically wired) showing the same idea. I believe he has a cleverer way of detecting odd and even iterations, but I don't remember it. If you're good with bit-shifting, that might be an alternative (but I guess then you need number to boolean, or a case structure instead of Select).

Edit: Perhaps it's to take ('i' AND 1)? That produces a flickering 0,1 pair that can be compared with 0.

Example_VI_BD.png

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(1,400 Views)

no need to swap data

and for a 1s interval I strongly recommend only a changing color.. 

bink graph.png

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 13 of 20
(1,397 Views)

using plot visibility.pngYou can also use the plot visible property to make it blink.

Ben64

Message 14 of 20
(1,374 Views)

I am attaching the screenshot of Front Panel.

In those graphs, Data points are represented red in color. I want to blink those dots whenever the real time values changes. ie. 1sec. I can't attach my VI flie cause I'm using SQL server for fetching data. So its of no use if I upload my VI. Thanks in Advance.

Those connecting lines are blinking using Property node but i want those dots or data points to blink! Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(1,355 Views)

My guess: You choosed the wrong property 😄

In my picture earlier I posted a picture of the properties you need to choose:

first you need to select the active plot (starting with zero, so I assume in your picture the second plot (No.1) is the red one.

next ist the Plot>Fill/Point Color property

pointcolorproperty.png

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(1,352 Views)

To have only the data points blinking you need to have 2 plots. One with no interpolation between the data points and the other one with interpolation but with point style set to none. You can then have only the data points blinking.

using plot visibility-2.png

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(1,332 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dhanushmh

@ben64 wrote:

To have only the data points blinking you need to have 2 plots. One with no interpolation between the data points and the other one with interpolation but with point style set to none. You can then have only the data points blinking.

using plot visibility-2.png

Ben64

No, no need for a second plot !  😄 😄

Even no need for an graph update

graphpointblink.png

EDIT: Version 2 with a XY graph... makes no difference 😉

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

Download All
Message 18 of 20
(1,325 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dhanushmh

Great, you can select T (for transparent) as one of the colors,  that way it will replicate an on/off blinking.

Ben64

Message 19 of 20
(1,319 Views)

Or change the point style property , or .... or ...

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(1,311 Views)