From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need some documentation of wire data types

I am new to LabVIEW and I am having trouble finding some information. Specifically I would like to know what the different wire data types correspond to on the block diagram. For example the thick pink wire is for errors, etc. The manual says to look at the Quick Reference Card for this information but the Reference Card only lists some keyboard shortcuts concerning wires. Can someone please point me towards this information? Thank you.
Gregory Osenbach, CLA
Fluke
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,659 Views)
The color of the wires is the same as the Terminal Data Types that's on the quick reference card. Clusters such as the error control are a mix of data types and are represented by the thick pinkish, sort of dashed wire. Clusters of numeric data type are brown and dashed. Arrays are thicker and of the same color and style as the base element. To become familiar, you can create some controls and indicators on the front panel and just wire between them.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,659 Views)
And while you are playing around, switch to the wiring tool with the help window (ctrl-h) open.

Floating over the wire will tell you exactly what is in the wire.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,659 Views)
Thank you.
Gregory Osenbach, CLA
Fluke
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,659 Views)