cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help in writing siginal in file

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi ,

I have faced problem in writting to measurement File. I have received an error state  (( These cannot be wired together because their data types (numeric, string, array, cluster, etc.) do not match. Show the Context Help window to see what data type is required.

The type of the source is cluster of 3 elements.
The type of the sink is Dynamic Data.))

How I slove this problem?

I have attached the labview file. i would be so grateful if you help to figure out the problem.

Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,578 Views)
-From the help it's clear that it cannot have cluster- means cannot accept different data types.
-It can accept only one type of data.
-I cannot open the vi, can you post in LV12 by File>>Save for previous version.
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,572 Views)

Hi udka,

Thank you so much for youe replay.

I have saved the file as you requsted.

Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,564 Views)

Hi engkhalid,

-Yes, the Output of FFT-(RMS) is a cluster of three elements, which will not be accepted by Write to Measurement File.
-May be you can try Unbundling the cluster and build the array and then send the data, But this will alter how the data is saved in the file i guess.

-Please find the attachment for the modification i suggested.

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,549 Views)

Hi udka,

Thank you so much for your help. Actually, there ia an error appeared while i am running the code as can be shown in attached file

Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,522 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author engkhalid
I guess that's different problem. If this problem "Writing to file" is solved, please mark the solution and start new post for your new problem.
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,518 Views)

You should select proper reply as solution. And i guess it's my second post is the solution, not the third.

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,512 Views)

Hi udka,

I am so sorry. I am not familiar with this fourm but relay it is helpfull. However, you didn't told me how I should solve the next problem. I need this code to do open loop control system.

Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,505 Views)