LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm using a new usb-6009 and DAQmxBase. The daqexpress dialog box says no physical channels available.

PS I'm using Labview student edition 7.1 with daqmxBase and a usb-6009. When I try to program a vi using DAQ Assistant Expressvi and choose voltage or any other input I get a message that says no physical Channels available. Have I missed a step in setting up this device? Datalogger seems to work as does the daqmxbase examples.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,266 Views)
DAQmx Base does not allow you to use the full functionality of the DAQmx drivers. As such you cannot use the DAQ Assistant or the DAQ Express VIs for a DAQmx Base.

If you do want to use an example, then you can use those. Just keep in mind that if you use an example that you have to type in the name of the channel you want. Just selecting on the control causes it to access the devices as seen in MAX. Since the USB-6009 cannot be addressed in MAX that would explain why there are no physical channels available.
  1. Go the the NI-DAQmx Base List Devices (Start > All Programs > National Instruments > NI-DAQmx Base)
  2. Once you know the device number use that as your device string
  3. i. Enter the channel string into your physical channel name
    OR
    ii. Create a task in the NI-DAQmx Base Configuration Utility and use that task
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,252 Views)