LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm trying to build a project that's historically been built in Labview 10.

Hi there,

I'm taking over a work project that's been previously written and built in Labview 10.  I've started with and am getting my feet wet in Labview 2014 SP1.  The vi runs just fine, but building it for an executable seems to crash.  Namely, this report:

DAbort 0xA8CFE759 in bdpopup.cpp

Version: 14.0.1 (32-bit)

Possible Cause: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\vi.lib\AppBuilder\Engine\AB_Engine_Disconnect_Typedefs.vi

I'm not sure if this is a old revision not playing nice with a newer compiler issue, or if I've neglected something in my setup.  Any advice for me?  I'm happy to post code, but it's a 160 MB project.  Is that too large to throw up here?

Thank you,

Nick

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,706 Views)

Wow, that's big.  My main LabVIEW Real-Time project (with all of its documentation and support files, some 800 VIs/Controls, is only 100MB).

By LabVIEW 10, do you mean LabVIEW 2010?  I haven't had many problems taking LabVIEW 2010 (and LabVIEW 2012) code into LabVIEW 2014.  But sometimes building Executables gives "interesting" errors.

Did you get any other messages suggesting you (and here I don't remember the suggestion, but something like "Ask Project Why the Build Failed")?

Do you have access to a cloud account (Box, DropBox) where you could post it?  I don't know the proper Etiquette for the Forum -- maybe ask a Moderator for suggestions ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,682 Views)

Hi Bob, thanks for the reply.

Yeah, sorry.  Labview 2010.  I have a google drive I could throw it on.

Unfortunately, the only message I get is the LabView Crash Reporter telling me that Labview 2014 encountered a problem and needed to close.

I see some stuff about Labview SP1 32bit (what I'm running) having trouble with installers on a 64 bit os (I'm Win7 64.)  Maybe that's an issue.

Uploading to my google drive now.  Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,673 Views)

@Nick1978 wrote:

Hi Bob, thanks for the reply.

Yeah, sorry.  Labview 2010.  I have a google drive I could throw it on.

Unfortunately, the only message I get is the LabView Crash Reporter telling me that Labview 2014 encountered a problem and needed to close.

I see some stuff about Labview SP1 32bit (what I'm running) having trouble with installers on a 64 bit os (I'm Win7 64.)  Maybe that's an issue.

Uploading to my google drive now.  Thanks again.

I would wager that a large majority of LabVIEW users are running 32-bit LabVIEW on 64-bit Windows 7 (or 8.x).  The "issue" seems to come when you try to run 64-bit LabVIEW ...

If you put it on a Google Drive, you'll need to either post how to get it, or if you have any concerns about pointing the Forum to your Drive, you could send a Private Message to selected Forum Members saying "Could you please take a look at this and suggest why I can't build it using LabVIEW 2014 SP1?".

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,667 Views)

Hey take a look to this older post:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/application-building-error-of-bdpopup-cpp-5865/td-p/607476

Regards,
Daniel M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,631 Views)

Dang.  Very nice suggestion, but changing that didn't work.  I'll play around with some more of the advanced settings and see what happens.  Thanks for the link, though.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,591 Views)

A possible note to add here.  When I originally tried to run this project in Labview 2014, it was unable to load due to missing a library set called "ULx" which I resolved by copying the folder from Another machines Labview 2010 and putting it in vi.lib.  The project loaded and ran from within Labview 2014.  Perhaps I've done something done here.  

Playing with the build options, I unchecked any additional exclusions about removing unused polymorphic instances, unused members, and inline sub vi's.  It still failed, but it drudged up this error:

A VI broke during the build process from being saved without a block diagram. Either open the build specification to include the block diagram of that VI or enable debugging to include the block diagrams of all VIs in the build. Report this error to National Instruments technical support.

C:\Users\nvanderpool\Desktop\labview 10RevA\thickness\ab 5561 atlas h g.vi

I'm not familiar with the atlas h g vi, however.  

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,575 Views)

Hi Nick1978,

What do you mean with ULx library, is it a 3rd Party driver?

This is what I got when I google it:

Data Acquisition Software/Drivers Downloads
http://www.mccdaq.com/software.aspx

Also what is ab 5561 atlas h g.vi?, is it part of a driver?

I was wondering, where you able to build this in LabVIEW 2010?  Is there any specific error code?

Regards,

Carolina

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,530 Views)

@caro16av wrote:

Hi Nick1978,

What do you mean with ULx library, is it a 3rd Party driver?

ULx is the daq driver for Measurement Computing DAQ devices.

You guys at NI should know at least a little bit about that.Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 10
(3,507 Views)

Hi Carolina,

Yep, ULx is a library for an MCC data acquisition card we use.  This thing compiled ok in Labview 2010, according to my predecessor.  If I can dig up a copy to load, I'll try it to confirm.

Still not sure on what the other library is for, but I've been out of town for a few days.  Jumping back into this now.

Thanks,

Nick

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,432 Views)