LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm a power engineering student and I need some help programming!!!

First off, i have never used LabVIEW a day in my life. i have to use a mydaq to run a relay that controls a heater. I have create a VI that will countdown any input amount from 1 hour up to 12 hours that comes on when the time is selceted and shuts off when the timer ends. Any help will be greatly accepted.... 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,962 Views)

Start with below links to learn about LabVIEW programming and post VI/snippet which you tried and where you are stuck exactly instead of asking for full solution.

NI Learning Center

NI Getting Started

-Hardware Basics

-LabVEW Basics

-DAQ Application Tutorials

3 Hour LabVIEW Introduction

6 Hour LabVIEW Introduction

LabVIEW Graphical Programming Course

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,925 Views)

Presumably someone in your Institution qualifies as a LabVIEW Guru.  Maybe they teach LabVIEW, maybe they're the "go-to person" when a student in Senior Design realizes "Oh, no, I need to learn LabVIEW quick, who should I see?".  Ask your fellow students and faculty, and go "apprentice" yourself for a week (means try to arrange to spend at least an hour a day with them).

LabVIEW is pretty easy to learn the "basics", especially if you have some guidance (the Tutorials aren't bad).  To get good at it, a mentor ("guru") can be very helpful, especially in teaching you about LabVIEW "Style", and some important "Do"s and "Don't"s.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,886 Views)
also there is many video in youtube to have to use ni DAQ
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,847 Views)

Getting any example from your friends in the school would be great help

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,842 Views)

Hi,

this could be also a good start for you..

startup.png

Regards,

Rajamodol

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,826 Views)