From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just went through the "Gee my entire MAX config/database has dissapeared" process again with a customer and want to ask...

How do you guys keep customers out of MAX? (with systems that require its install)

In my experience I;ve even causeed this problem just by opening MAX, and forgetting that it's open before the machine either loses power or gets shutdown improperly...  sometimes you get the error telling you its corrupted (there's loads of posts about that, with a KB article walkthrough too) but other times I've found the VISA network connection totally vanished with no sign of ever existing... then to be stuck trying to walk someone through a manual reconfig or loading a nce file...

Is there something we can do to prevent this issue?

Is it arrogant to ask why this database corruption seems to happen fairly often even with new versions of MAX?

thx

-pat

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,199 Views)

At least the fix is muc better now than it used to be. NI now has it integrated into max to clea the database and rebuild it. This used to be a seperate macro that had to be found first and then run and didn't always fix the problem. With the latest revs of MAX it is much better and easier to find in the pull down menu instead of a web search on NI site.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,173 Views)