From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have normalised some physiological waveforms on the Y axis (easy) but how do I normalise on the Y axis?

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by mhar153

I reviewed my former suggestion and found it unclear... See attached snippet. It converts actual time in the waveform to relative time by subtracting t0, and normalizes by the waveform duration. Result "has to be" on XY form...

normalizewaveform.png

Best regards,

Jarle Ekanger, MSc, PhD, CLD
Flow Design Bureau AS

- "The resistance of wires in LabVIEW is not dependent on their length."
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(561 Views)
Solution
Accepted by mhar153

@mhar153 wrote:

A slower change.

I have attached an XL spreadsheet where I have the data from two waveforms. Both 't' and ''y' are normalised.  I have concatenated the two datasets, sorted them on on 't' and then performed a running average.  It seems to work (in XL) so I need to figure out how to do it in Labview.

Assuming you want to have all datasets with the same number of points (e.g. to average them), you would simply create an x-ramp with a suitable number of points, then you would use "interpolate" array to create each x-normalized dataset.

If you have waveforms data, use one of the  "resample waveform" functions. 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(551 Views)

Thanks for all the help...it has clarified my thoughts and solved the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(537 Views)