LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a vi that can manually run and pause a stepper motor. What I would like to achieve is to automatically pause the stepper for 10 seconds then automatically restart the stepper

I have a vi that can manually run and pause a stepper motor. What I would like to achieve is to automatically pause the stepper for 10 seconds then automatically restart the stepper. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,786 Views)

Sounds like a good application for a simple State Machine.  What have you tried?  Where are you stuck?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,780 Views)

I can pause the motor manually, but not automatically. what I want to do is to step the motor and have it stop and collect data at four points. i would like to input the four points and input the time to stay at those points.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,774 Views)

So you figured out the first part of your new state machine.  Now you just need a wait state that keeps returning to the wait statement until the 10 seconds have passed.  Then you return back to your first state.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,752 Views)

Yes that I what I need

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,724 Views)

Usually a standalone VI for manually operating a piece of equipment is just a fancy wrapper for a driver.  You can get ideas on how to control it automatically by looking inside the VI.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,706 Views)