LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a series of vi's for a system that contain over 200 Formula Nodes. Is there a way to do a data dump of the contents of each of those formula nodes?

I inherited a rather interesting project that contains over over 100 vis and sub vis, and over 200 formula nodes.  The version of LabVIEW that we are running is 7.1

In anticipation of doing some wholesale changes to the vis, I am trying to document what is currently there.  So far the only way I have figured out how to document the formula node contents is by doing a search for formula nodes, navigating to each individually, then copying and pasting the contents of the formula node into Word.

Is there an easier way to do this?  Is ther a function within LabVIEW that I am missing?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,749 Views)

Oh sure, this can be done quite easily...with LabVIEW scripting.  Basically it's the ability to do things in LabVIEW that you normally have to do manually.  It is writing LabVIEW code, that can then write LabVIEW code (or do other things).

The issue you will find is that LabVIEW 7.1 had some scripting but nothing public.  Scripting didn't become official until LabVIEW 8.6, but LabVIEW 7.1 code can be opened in newer versions of LabVIEW.  I can't find it at the moment but I'd guess LabVIEW 7.1 can be opened in 2014 maybe 2015.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,739 Views)