From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have LabView saving time, date, and dbl precision values to Excel file. When I go to use the data it seems to be in a text format, but all conversion programs do not allow me to bring the values back into a workable format. Suggestions

As part of a data collection program, I save read values to an Excel sheet. They are saved Date, Time, Value.

When I go to chart the data in Excel it responds like the data is a text, BUT all Text to Number conversion (and formatting) do not work.

It is if Excel does not recognize the format.

Any suggestions either in Lab View or Excel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,096 Views)

I have 2 suggestions:

1. Don't stuff your entire message in the subject. Nobody wants to read a subject that's 3 pages long. Keep the subject brief, but indicative of the issue./question.
  2. Post your code.There are far too many questions related to exactly what you did, like whether you used the Write to Spreadsheet File (which creates a TEXT file, not an Excel workbook), or whether you're using ActiveX. And, if you're using Write to Spreadsheet File, are you saving numeric or string data. And if you're saving string, what formatting did you use. And...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,087 Views)