LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get Unsupoprted Version Error

Hi,

Im running Windows 7 64 bits. I tried to install an old version LabView which failed. Subsequently Im not able to install any NI software and I get following error when trying to install a newer labview runtime engine:

Unsupported version of National Instruments system component detected
A version of a National Instruments system component that is not supported on this operating system has been detected. You must cancel this installation and uninstall all unsupported National Instruments software before continuing. Refer to ni.com/vista for more information.

How do I get rid of this errror??

tried the vistaCleanupTool with no luck.

Regards,

Niels Hansen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,576 Views)

Did you try what the error message said? Did you go into program manager and remove all the NI software that you see there?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,559 Views)

Hi Mike,

Thanks for reply. that was my first action. I tried my best to remove every bit of NI software. As far as I can tell there's nothing in there. I even cleaned up the registry database.

Regards,

Niels

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,538 Views)

What version of LV are you trying to install?

Have you deleted the National Instruments directory in both Program Files directories?

If you don't have a copy, download and run CCleaner. It will clean up both your hard drive and the registry.

If none of those things work, it is time to call NI.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,527 Views)

Hi Niels.

NI Installers works in a way that instead of having one entry for each software component in the Add/Remove Programs menu, we install them in a way so they don't get there. Instead we just have one simple uninstaller program to find. 

If you run into a corrupt install or uninstall it can be difficult to locate those packages installed but not visible there. The error message that you get proberly come from a registry entry still existing.

We have a program that can remove these called MSIblast.exe at NI, we only recommend this as a very last option, since it can also corrupt other parts of the computer. 

One thing I'd like you to try.

Try to open up a command promt: (Start --> Run --> cmd) on your PC.

Here you type in the command "wmic product > log.txt"  (takes some minutes)

This creates a log of all NI Software it can find and save it as log.txt. Could you try to post the log here? It is located in the same folder as your command promt starts up in.

This will browse through your installation and find components that is still in the system. If this command doesn't find anything, I think the next step will be to use the MSIblast. Which I can help you to get.

Best Regards

Anders Rohde

Applications Engineer

National Instruments Denmark

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,506 Views)

Hi Anders,

I finally solved the problem.

After having cleaned the registry using the ccleaner tool, I opened the uninstaller inside this tool. In there I found 3 little cryptical programs installed whose name started with NI. After uninstalling these from within the cclean tool I was up and running.

Strangely I don't recall having seen these 3 programs inside the regular windows uninstaller (the one inside the control panel).

It would be nice if the NI installer could be a little more specific when describing whats wrong.

Thanks for kind support.

Regards,

Niels

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,500 Views)