LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'd like to control/read INCA with LabView.

As a point of reference, the ASAP3 instrument driver posted in this forum is NOT Supported by National Instruments. The Read-me file included with the driver incorrectly notes support. National Instruments has no additional information on the driver and does not guarantee correct functionality.

If you are interested in National Instruments investigating creating a supported driver for this or any instrument, you can contact us on the Instrument Driver Request page.

-Marshall R
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 34
(4,712 Views)

Hannes, (and other posters,)

Were you ever able to establish a connection which allowed you to grab any measurement values from INCA?  I'm trying to do the same thing, although I'll also need to write some values to INCA.

This posts has help me considerably to get started on this project but I've run into a couple road blocks as well. 

Initially when trying the ActiveX controls and ASAMMCD3MC4INCA 2.2 type lib, I was getting error "-2147221164 occurred at Class not registered".  Now getting an Error 97, (unidentified).  My research is pointing to refnums (or report generation, which I'm not using here).

Using the INCA COM Test vi on ASAMMCD3MC4INCA 1 type lib, I can get it to run and pull some info from INCA, but when I try to re-configure any of the nodes to find something that looks like a measurement value, I get another error 97.  I feel like I'm 80% there but can seem to figure out the last 20% to get full communication to work.  Any advice you can give is appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 34
(4,255 Views)

Hai Clampy.

Me to trying to read values from INCA to Labview.

Iam running both application in the same PC. But dont know how to use ActiveX controls to do this.

I have run the INCA _COM_test.vi , it just invoked the ASAMMCD3MC window .

As Iam new to Labview I just wanted to know wether this vi can pull out intended values of variables from INCA ...??

I would be grateful to you if you  share the info on this topic..

Regards

Azhar

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 34
(4,240 Views)

Azaruddin,

Open INCA, and create a project and expirement in the INCA environment.  When you run the INCA_COM_test.vi, it should return your project name on the FP.  Also, the ASAMMCD3MC4INCA window should have data populating it, a line for each node in the LV code from INCA_COM_test.vi.

That is all the progress I've made so far.  A lot of hunt and peck and trial and error hasn't proved to be helpful so far.  Once I get values, I'll post again.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 34
(4,215 Views)

Clampy,

Is there any progress in establishing communication b/w INCA and Labview.??

I have a incacom.dll which can be used along with ActiveX controls of labview to invoke methods or APIS of Inca through which we can read INCA values.

Iam trying with this but with little knowledge of Labview Iam facing many roadblocks.

If you are familiar with property node and invode node nodes concepts you can try this out in Labview..

Let me know any more info you need.

Regards

Azhar

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 34
(4,192 Views)

Finally ..done it..

Able to communicate with INCA through Labview...:-)))))))))

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 34
(4,153 Views)

With some help from ETAS support, I've managed to talk to INCA to read values from the ES600 series modules.  I'm not sure if it will work for the ES1000 series or not, but if they work with INCA, I'd assume so.  Here is the VI that ETAS gave me.  It uses the Incacom method, not the ASAM method to communicate.  It can read values from INCA, but can not set or control many functions in INCA so I'm sure it is somewhat limited for many of the users out there.

You need to preconfigure your INCA environment ahead of time, experiement, workspace, channels, sample rates, etc.  Then the attached program can call INCA to open it and initialize the hardware and start the measurements.  The VI was written for an ES650 module, but you can modify the code and INCA configuration for other modules.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 34
(4,015 Views)

The forum didn't like the attachments.  Try again...

Message 28 of 34
(4,014 Views)

I wanted to provide an update for everyone on tools for ECU calibration to make sure the latest information is available. For your XCP and CCP communication needs, NI offers tools to help simplify your applications. For an API that can be used in C/C++ or LabVIEW, the ECU Measurement and Calibration Toolkit can be used to help you implement this communication protocol. In addition, we also ship an NI VeriStand add-on for XCP/CCP Master communication in this toolkit for a more configurable, out-of-the-box solution for these applications. This can help to reduce the number of individual tools by consolidating the functionality into one package, especially for an application like test cell control.

Also, if you are in need of ASAP3 communication for these types of projects and do need to communicate with another calibration tool, especially in the area of test cell control, please feel free to get in touch with us at canpse@ni.com. We can work with you on this and show you the solutions that we have and how we can help to customize them for your needs.

Regards

Noah R
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 34
(3,981 Views)

Hello.

I´d like to add some data acquired from LabVIEW into INCA experiment.

Anyone have tried to do it before?

Could help me on this issue?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 34
(3,798 Views)