From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I created a subVi and I place it in another VI. When I execute the main VI the SubVI gets hung. I press the "highlight execution" bu

tton to see the program running, and it passes the data to the subVI, but subVI does not return anthing. A Green Arrow ---> shows and gets hung for ever. I am using the PCI-MIO-16XE DAQ. When I run my SubVI as main VI it works just fine. Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,259 Views)
tton to see the program running, and it passes the data to the subVI, but subVI does not return anthing. A Green Arrow ---> shows and gets hung for ever. I am using the PCI-MIO-16XE DAQ. When I run my SubVI as main VI it works just fine. Any suggestions?Hi Robert,

You dont say what your subVI is doing or the make up of your subVI. But if it works when you run it on its own and doesn't as a subVI, it could be that you are not passing the correct values via the subVI's connectors.

Regards
Ray
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,259 Views)
tton to see the program running, and it passes the data to the subVI, but subVI does not return anthing. A Green Arrow ---> shows and gets hung for ever. I am using the PCI-MIO-16XE DAQ. When I run my SubVI as main VI it works just fine. Any suggestions?Hello, The subVI is acquiring data, plotting it and giving me 5 calculated results based on the data acquired. I am using 4 channels in the DAQ card, so I perform math on them and spit out the result. I am passing Device,channels,Scan rate, a constant value, and Samples/CH, which is what the VI requires when it is running by itself.
When I make it a sub-vi I pass the same data, and as I push on the SubVi I can see the values being calculated and spitted out, but my main VI does not pick those values. I wonder why!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,259 Views)
tton to see the program running, and it passes the data to the subVI, but subVI does not return anthing. A Green Arrow ---> shows and gets hung for ever. I am using the PCI-MIO-16XE DAQ. When I run my SubVI as main VI it works just fine. Any suggestions?Robert,

I believe that it would be valuable if you could include your vi to the posting.

Mark
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,259 Views)
tton to see the program running, and it passes the data to the subVI, but subVI does not return anthing. A Green Arrow ---> shows and gets hung for ever. I am using the PCI-MIO-16XE DAQ. When I run my SubVI as main VI it works just fine. Any suggestions?As I played more with the vi I realized I had a while loop in the subVI so it loops forever in that VI. SO I removed the (NOT GATE) and placed a False statement so it exits the loop. Since I am looping in the main VI then it now passes the data to the main VI.

Thank you so much!

Robert
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,259 Views)
tton to see the program running, and it passes the data to the subVI, but subVI does not return anthing. A Green Arrow ---> shows and gets hung for ever. I am using the PCI-MIO-16XE DAQ. When I run my SubVI as main VI it works just fine. Any suggestions?You could make your subvi open front panel when called, so you could see where it gets stucked, if so. Or perhaps you could run in highlight mode and enter the subvi with the arrows, so you can see the whole proccess, not only your vi's proccess (with the green arrow on the subvi...). But I really think that you could post an example reproducing the problem so that we can help you further.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,259 Views)
tton to see the program running, and it passes the data to the subVI, but subVI does not return anthing. A Green Arrow ---> shows and gets hung for ever. I am using the PCI-MIO-16XE DAQ. When I run my SubVI as main VI it works just fine. Any suggestions?Hi Robert,

It seems that when you call & execute sub vi in your another program, sub vi shows a green arrow that means your sub vi has gone into some looping out of which it is unale to exit. So check your sub vi which should come out from its task after you define or after it executes the task defined inside it.

Better attach your VIs so that it can be checked & modified.

Best Regards,
Nirmal Sharma
India
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,259 Views)
tton to see the program running, and it passes the data to the subVI, but subVI does not return anthing. A Green Arrow ---> shows and gets hung for ever. I am using the PCI-MIO-16XE DAQ. When I run my SubVI as main VI it works just fine. Any suggestions?If you look at the dates in the earlier posts, you'll see that this thread was started in April 2001. I hope Robert hasn't been having sleepless nights over the problem for the last 2 and a half years! ;D
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,259 Views)

A test of this thread based on this message http://forums.ni.com/t5/Feedback-on-NI-Discussion-Forums/Strange-Thread/m-p/1222576#U1222576

The duplicated sentence fragment did not reoccur in this reply.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,584 Views)