From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant use vit files in application.exe

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello al.

I am using vit files for call my indicators. Its working in my vi perfectly but when i try build exe with application builder, Vit files isnt work.

How can i fix this problem? You can see my call vit method from attachments.

Thanks.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,843 Views)

Several years ago, we were also using .vit files to allow us to decide, at run time, which file to run.  Worked fine in Development mode, failed in the Executable.  What worked for us was abandoning the .vit and VI Server and using, instead, the Asynchronous Call routines (found on the Application Control palette).

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 7
(3,801 Views)

Asynchronous Call by Reference is definitely the new/preferred way for launching multiple instances of the same VI or running different VIs dynamically (either from a static VI reference or dynamically loaded from disk).

It IS possible to create clones of .vit's and run them dynamically in an executable but you have to be careful about the paths etc. I can't remember from the code I saw exactly how it is done but we have applications where it is done in an executable (but now we use ACBR).

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 3 of 7
(3,791 Views)

VITs are the old and busted, the new method is what others have mentioned, asyncronous VI calls.  Here is an example I made a while ago which demonstrates how it can be done without bothing with the file path to the VIT on disk.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/building-an-executable-with-vits-with-Labview-2011/m-p/2384984#M7404...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,761 Views)

Thanks for your helps.

Now i can call my vit files with Asynchronous Call function in my main vi.

But my application.exe still cannot call my vit files.

You can see my vi properties, caller vi and error screen from attachments.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,747 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author YFA

I'm not sure if this is your problem, but don't use a VIT, just use a VI set to be reentrant.

Message 6 of 7
(3,744 Views)

Yes You are right i changed all vit files to vi and its fixed.

Thank you for your helps.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,739 Views)