LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot install the NI-RIO driver in my cRIO using MAX 5.5

Solved!
Go to solution

I can connect it assigning a static IP. Whenever I try to install the software in the FPGA Target, appears the following error:

"Timed out while communicating with remote target. Ensure that the system is online"

What can I do?

I have LabVIEW 2013 installed in WINDOWS 8

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,239 Views)

Its possible something is out of sync.  Try deleting the system from MAX.  Then close and reopen MAX.  Expand remote systems and try again.  If that doesn't work you may wand to try and format the target.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,231 Views)

I made it all. The connection is OK, but whenever I try to install the RIO driver, it doesn't work. It takes a long time to appear the error

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,221 Views)

How fast is your network?  Are you connecting over wireless or VPN?  Its possible the FTP operation is timing out because the network is just too slow.

IF your network is really slow you could try to bump up the MAX timeout by modifying the Windows registry.  See this KB (http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/34B6BA46CBCFAF088625728800770071) for details.

Note if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows the path in the registry will need to be HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wow6432Note\National Instruments\Measurement & Automation Explorer\Remote instead of what is listed in the KB.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,209 Views)

OK, I'll try it.

But I'm connecting my cRIO directly to my host computer (Windows 8 64-bits). Before the LabVIEW 2013 installation my cRIO was working very well without problems. Once I installed the MAX 5.5 this trouble started (although I have LabVIEW 2012 installed).

I had to uninstall the cRIO in order to show a student how to configure the cRIO from zero, but finally I couldn't.

On the other hand, the cRIO connections doesn´t last a lot. Only appears when I try to install the softwar in the FPGA target.

I apologize for my poor English

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,201 Views)

If you have a direct connection, it is unlikely a network slowness issue unless Windows 8 is doing something weird.  Have you tried to install anything other than NI-RIO? Can you install just LabVIEW RT or NI-VISA?

Also, in your original post you mentioned the target had a static IP address.  Have you verified that you can ping the IP address from the command prompt or manually FTP files to it?  In order for MAX to install software the target and the host need to have a routable IP address.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,199 Views)

My big mistake was to upgrade to LabVIEW 2013. With 2012 all was great.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,191 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vitrion

Hi Vitrion,

As we see in the Service request this problem was solved when you downgraded to LabView 2012 and resintalling Max5.5, so we could install correctly the NI-Rio Driver and see the device in MAX. Apparently it was a compatibility problem in versions...

Just a recommendation for cases just like this one. We have to check the compatibility chart before installing a LabView update in order to have the correct version in NI-Rio Driver.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/577CC9A7DCFC73DF8625738400116CC3 

Regards,

Omar I.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,160 Views)

OK thank you

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,153 Views)