LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot build an installer for my program

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to build an installer for my program, but I keep getting told that I need to tell the system where the installers are.

I have attached a screenshot of what I am told to find, but I am not being told to find anything specific. I have made sure that all of the drivers are current, but I still can't build an installer.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 31
(3,464 Views)

Seems like it is missing the installer code for a required device driver being used in your application. You can try reinstalling the NI device drivers on your machine. WIthout knowing more about your application I can't say what drivers it is missing. Do you have an external instrument you are talking to that requires driver code?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 31
(3,449 Views)
Just installing the driver is not enough. You need to have a copy of the actual installer for the device.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 31
(3,436 Views)

Well that is my problem. What installer do I need. There is no indication as to which installer. So how can I tell it where the installer is if I don't know which installer it wants?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 31
(3,422 Views)

The first time you build an installer using a certain set of drivers, it will ask you for the drivers disk. Often this is the last or last 2 disks that come with your LabVIEW installation CDs, but it could be something different like the vision acquisition package. You should see a checkbox as you build the installer that says something like "copy installation files to my computer for future builds", and if you check that, you won't have to insert the disk every time.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 31
(3,419 Views)

Which device driver needs to be installed. I am being given nothing to indicate what is missing.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 31
(3,418 Views)

Again, I don't know which drivers it wants. I did not use any specific instrument drivers. I only used the GPIB and VISA commands native to Labview.

How can I know what files that Labview wants?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 31
(3,410 Views)

VISA has its own set of drivers. Its probably looking for the installer for that. Pop in your Device Drivers disk and reinstall the VISA drivers sleecting "Copy installers to my local machine"

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 31
(3,404 Views)

Could you zip up your project and post it here?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 31
(3,402 Views)
You would need NI-488 and NI-VISA, of course.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 31
(3,401 Views)