LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't add an event to an event structure. Option not visible in the menu. Fix?

I didn't have the event structures on my pallette to begin with (LabVIEW 6.1), so I added them by downloading the struct.mnu file on the website. Now they show up in the pallette, but are not usable because I can't add events. Any help would be much appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,100 Views)
Sounds like you have the LabVIEW Base version. The Base version did not include the ability to create or edit the Event Structure, but you could open a VI that contained an Event Structure and run it.

Ed

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
Message 2 of 11
(4,100 Views)
Thanks for the answer Ed, but I have the full development system (not the Professional) and I thought the full development system included event structure capability also. Is this correct? Maybe I just need to reinstall it.

Jon
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,100 Views)
You're correct, if you have the Full version, you should be able to create and edit the Event Structure. The Base version is the only one that is limited.

I would try the reinstall and see if that takes care of it. Something must have gotten corrupted.

Ed

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,100 Views)
I found the problem. I thought I was working with LabVIEW 6.1 and it was actually 6.0. That explains it. Thanks for your help though, it is much appreciated.

Jon
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,100 Views)

I am having this same problem with 2013. I know it is a full version (13.0f2 32-bit) and i still can't get it to work. I have unistalled it and reinstalled it. Still does not work. Is there any solutions?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,423 Views)

The event structure is now available in all LabVIEW versions so you should be able to use it. Is this with an older program or with a new event structure? Can you attach a VI that demonstrates the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,421 Views)

When I open a new event structure i cant edit it. It is the event structure window that pops up. The windows where you select what the event is, is greyed out. It won't let you add anything with the add event button either.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,403 Views)

You are going to have to attach an image of what you are doing and a VI. When dropping a new event structure onto a block diagram, you right click anywhere on the border of the structure or on the default timeout event and you should get a popup. Attach this screenshot.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,395 Views)

Can you attach a screenshot?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,394 Views)