LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not open a labview project anymore!

I use Labview 8.0 Base with an application builder and Windows XP. I have create some projects with Labview for half an year. Today i want to open any project, but then LabVIEW will closed automatically. I can only open normal VI´s and no projects. I have installed LabVIEW new, but i still have the same problem.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,103 Views)

Hello Hobbit,

could you verify this behaviour on other machines as well?

Have you tried copying the content of the project (VIs, libraries, variables, etc.) in a new empty project? It appears to me, as if something became corrupted in the XML-based project description file (*.lvproj). What in case you create new empty projects with single VIs? Does it show the same behaviour?

If none ideas of these work, could you please send me the damaged project. Iwill then try to open it on some test machine in the lab.

Regards,

Christoph L.

National Instruments Germany - Application Engineering 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,043 Views)
Hello,

thank you for answer my question, but i have solve the problem today.
The solution comes from an NI application engineer:

- Fully un-install 'MXS' - by running installer located on LV8 CD -> Bin/Products/MXS. (If it says 'higher version is installed' try DSC 8.0 CD version instead, appears to be newer build).

- Delete the following files:

..\National Instruments\MAX\Data\*.* (All Files) ..\National Instruments\MAX\Data Fragments\niIMAQDD.mxf ..\National Instruments\MAX\nimax.ini

- Repair MAX via Control Panel

- Re-install MXS using same installer as above.

- Reboot your machine. Services should start up correctly and the LV8 Project should be running again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,033 Views)

Hello Hobbit,

thanks for the answer.

Regards,

Christoph

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,027 Views)