LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to call a function with LABVIEW developed in CCS compiler

I used MPLAB (CCS compiler) to develop c code that is used to transmit and receive messages to and from an automotive display. It works great as a stand alone. I would like to call this function from LABVIEW but am having difficulty doing so. Does anyone have experience calling a MPLAB developed project from LABVIEW? Thanks in advance.

Matt
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,529 Views)

@PTE wrote:
I used MPLAB (CCS compiler) to develop c code that is used to transmit and receive messages to and from an automotive display. It works great as a stand alone. I would like to call this function from LABVIEW but am having difficulty doing so. Does anyone have experience calling a MPLAB developed project from LABVIEW? Thanks in advance.

Matt

MPLab is for programming PICs if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure how you would want to call a function compiled in MPLab from LabVIEW directly. MPLab will create binary code for execution on PICs and there is no LabVIEW that could run on a PIC. On the other hand I didn't think you could create standard Windows DLLs, Mac shared libraries or similar in MPLab at all.

You will have to recompile your code in a C compiler that can create the standard shared library format for the plaform you want to call it from LabVIEW.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,515 Views)