From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am looking for some information on ELAN protocol for Siemens analyzers and also some information on AK protocol for California Analytical Analyzers. Mainly I need a starting point to communicate with these devices for labview.

Hi David,

I was wondering if you could send your code along to me?  I've got a couple of Ultramat 23's that I'd like to communicate with via RS 485, and there is zero documentation that I can find for how this is handled.  

Thanks!

Tim

0 Kudos
Message 191 of 266
(1,332 Views)

Dave,

thank you very much for your effort for searching old versions of the ELAN-drivers!

After solving some problems on the hardware side (works now with original Siemens converter) I finally got the communication working.

So thank you a lot!

Best wishes 

Bernd

0 Kudos
Message 192 of 266
(1,322 Views)

Hi Dave,

Embarrasingly, things have come full circle.  We have purchased some additional Siemens analyzers the I will be running via serial instead of TCP and I have let the original VI set you sent us get so old that I can no longer open them.  I was wondering if you could send me a new set to Kirk.Evans@ColoState.edu.  I can handle any version from about 8.0 and newer up to 2015.(the first set you sent us was v5.1.1) Thanks much, Kirk

0 Kudos
Message 193 of 266
(1,300 Views)

Kirk,

The embarrassment is mine - folks have asked me why after all this time I haven't put this stuff up on a publicly accessible place and let the thread fade out.  Three main reasons:

1. I keep thinking of reasons to tweak/update it (like moving to a project library approach)
  2. I haven't (yet) figured out how to properly package an instr.lib driver using my VIPM Pro (which is how I'd really like to package and distribute it)
  3. I still enjoy hearing from developers on four or five continents who find it useful

It's on its way to you as soon as I post this!

Dave

Next time I'm in CO (relatives there), I'll look you up, maybe get a lab tour?

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
(lapsed) Certified LabVIEW Developer
Message 194 of 266
(1,282 Views)

Hi Brad,

I am hoping you're still active on this forum.  I also have a California Analytical 600P that I am hoping to commuicate with LabVIEW over serial.  It sounds like you may have some VIs written that could help me towards this goal.  

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 195 of 266
(1,198 Views)

Hi David,

I need a help. I want to find ULTRAMAT via ELAN with connections co, no and o2 elemants value vb.net or c# sdk protocols have u got?

Finally if you want to give and informations these protocolls I really preciate this.

My mail is : ofalbayrak@gmail.com

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 197 of 266
(1,174 Views)

Arfezoglu,

I sent you a private email with the ELAN manual attached as a PDF.

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
(lapsed) Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 198 of 266
(1,165 Views)

Dave,

Can you also send me what you have on the ELAN protocol? 

We have 5 Siemens Ultramat 23's with a 6th on the way and I can't get registered on the Siemens website. Keeps telling me invalid pswd.

Thanks,

Kevin K.

Weil-McLain

Michigan City, IN

0 Kudos
Message 199 of 266
(1,046 Views)

RE: Siemens Ultramat 23

I am confused about the RS-485 interface to the Ultramat 23.

I purchased the NI USB-485 (1-port RS485/422 Interface for USB) directly from National Instruments.  Can I plug this directly into -X45 on the back of the Ultramat 23 or do I need to do some sort of pinout change or voltage divider circuit???

0 Kudos
Message 200 of 266
(1,017 Views)