LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting error code -1074130544

I am using a NI USB 5132 and NIScope ver 3.8 and am having some issues with errors.  The errors don't show up every time but the code I am getting says:

niScope Configure Vertical.vi

3<ERR>The

session handle is

I am not sure where to start with this but will attach the basic setup that was given to me.  This is my first time working with niScope and not sure what is allowed with certain oscilloscopes and the correct procedure.  I think I am not closing stuff up correctly but not sure the order.  I run this routine twice in a row in order to get 2 seperate signals (I use a DAQ to toggle between 2 sets of oscilloscope probes).  I was handed this code which worked on an older version of LabVIEW and with a PCI 5120 Scope but this isn't compatible with the current software and hardware that I had to upgrade to.  Any help is appreciated!

-ncm
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(2,904 Views)

The session handle is not valid.  Sounds like you are trying to use the session after it got closed.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(2,899 Views)

Can you elaborate?  I am not seeing where the session gets closed in the code...

-ncm
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(2,888 Views)

Did my vi not post?  I added it as an attachment and I don't see it.....

-ncm
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(2,883 Views)

Try zipping it first then uploading it.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(2,871 Views)

Let's see if this works....

-ncm
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(2,867 Views)

I tried the zip file but everytime I click on Add Attachment, the computer pops up to the top of the screen.... not sure where I am going wrong, is there settings on Internet Explorer I need to add or disable?

-ncm
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(2,863 Views)

Try Ctrl+A from the Block Diagram then Edit>>Create Snippet from Selection.  Save the PNG it creates and insert the png inline with your post using the tree icon in the editor menu.  We will be able to drag-n-drop your code to a block diagram and get the code that way.

The website should be fixed soon

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(2,847 Views)

Jeff is an optimist: "The website should be fixed soon"

Lynn

Message 9 of 17
(2,841 Views)

@johnsold wrote:

Jeff is an optimist: "The website should be fixed soon"

Lynn

According to Prophecy.  My personal opinion is that the web site should not be broken.Smiley LOL

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(2,834 Views)