From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am building traffic light and pedestrian light system. My switch button isn't functioning in my NI ELVIS II+

My problem is stated as the subject above. However when I click run button in block diagram, the LED automatically runs and the switch button isn't functioning. Can you help me to check my Front Panel whether is there something wrong with my structure? Really much appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,887 Views)

I guess you should probably attach your VI.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,864 Views)

Sorry I forgot about the attachement 🙂

Below attachement are:

1. Case Structure - My NI ELVIS run able to read and run, but the fucntion of push button isn't fucntion as anything.

2. Flat casing - Ni ELVIS unable to detect anything even I already used DAQ for reading. But I want the squence to run somehing like this.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,822 Views)

Why is your button's mechanical action Switch Until Released.  It just seems wrong.  You probably should have it as Latch WHEN Released.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,804 Views)

Oh okay, because I just try and error and the others component are okay?

I will try this during my lab clasa again.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,781 Views)

Hi, I already tried but it make no difference for the mechanical action from Switch until realesed to Latch until realesed.

Still the button is not function as what I imagined.

The condition are:
1. Initial: Car traffic light   - Green, Predestiran light - Red

2. Press the push button:
Car traffic light - Yellow , Predestrian light - Red

3.After several seconds:

Car traffic light - Red, Predestrian light - Green

4. It return to the initial condition.

By the way, the NI ELVIS that I build are based on the picture below.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,763 Views)

I don't have 2014 here, so I can't see your code.  But, why are you trying to do everything at once?  It's hard to determine if your code or your circuit is the problem that way.

Take a step back.  Instead of hardware, use LEDs on your LabVIEW Front Panel.  Ensure they light up as you expect.  If they are, you know your algorithm is good.  With a second program, ensure you can turn an actual LED on and off.  When you have those two pieces, you should be able to merge the system pretty easily.  Don't make things harder on yourself

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,745 Views)

Thank you for your sugession.

However those condition are provided by my instructor.

Is part of my lab assignment that I need to hand in soon.

Since he also not sure about this solution, so I am trying to search for an alternative by posting this question here rather than keep trying without any clues.

No harm to share and I also a beginner in this software.

Started to like this program. 🙂 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,727 Views)

I wish you could have come to us earlier in the development of the application.  😞

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,715 Views)

Anyway Mr Bill, do you have any ideas or suggestion to imrove this condition?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,695 Views)