From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I NEED To unboundle this Edge Coordinates. to find Distance of the edges

I tried to unbundle this Edge coorinates. But not able to fnd solution . i have attached my vi file

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,926 Views)

You are working with 1D arrays of clusters. You need to use e.g. "Index Array" to obtain one cluster from the array before you can unbundle it to find the edge-to-edge distance.

Best regards,

Jarle Ekanger, MSc, PhD, CLD
Flow Design Bureau AS

- "The resistance of wires in LabVIEW is not dependent on their length."
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,897 Views)

thanks a lot 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,891 Views)

if you have found a solution that works for you, please mark this topic as solved 🙂

Best regards,

Jarle Ekanger, MSc, PhD, CLD
Flow Design Bureau AS

- "The resistance of wires in LabVIEW is not dependent on their length."
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,886 Views)

hi JarleEkanger,

1.  right now i am going to work in the die correction project. do you any vi files related to that. 

2. And i need to create .CSV to read and write operation like database (memory) . do u have any vi related to that. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,880 Views)

Hi saran,

1. Can you explain "die correction project" before even asking for help on this topic?

2. LabVIEW comes with ready-made functions to handle CSV files (Read/WriteSpreadsheetFile). And you should stick with your older thread for that topic! Don't create double posts!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,869 Views)
Hi GerdW.
I thought this spreadsheet question is differ from my old thread.

I need to read and write in a particular cell of .csv file . But in inbuild function . I dont know how to modify
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,851 Views)

Hi saran,

you don't modify inbuilt functions. NEVER!

With CSV files you need to read and save the whole file, when you want to access a particular "cell" in the data.

CSV files are simple text files, they don't provide special access methods like Excel does…

So read your file, change the array element you want to change and save the file!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,843 Views)
I have another question.. to read particular element in array we use index array funcion. To insert or write what function I should use
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,839 Views)

Hi saran,

use ReplaceArraySubset.

Don't you think such questions are solved by taking the beginner courses offered for free by NI on their website?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,835 Views)