From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hysteresis

Solved!
Go to solution

Basic Level Trigger Detection vi. Hysteresis

What is the hysteresis level? Is it a percentage a voltage level or what?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,172 Views)

signal in contains the signal in which to detect a trigger.

level specifies the threshold value signal in must cross before a trigger is detected. The default is 0.

hysteresis specifies the amount above or below level through which signal in must pass before a trigger level crossing is detected. The default is 0.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361M-01/lvwave/basic_level_trigger_detect/

So basically once "Signa In" cross "level" trigger=True and it will remain True until "signal In" crosses "hysteresis".

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,150 Views)

In layman's terms if I wanted to trigger at 3.00V with a negative slope and had a hysteresis of .01, I would theoretically trigger somewhere between 3.00V and 2.99?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,140 Views)

@Heyou wrote:

In layman's terms if I wanted to trigger at 3.00V with a negative slope and had a hysteresis of .01, I would theoretically trigger somewhere between 3.00V and 2.99?

Negitive slope? Do you want to trigger on -3.00 volts or triggir on the falling edge of a +3.00 volt pulse?

You will have to bear with me here as I have never used the trigger VI, but have used an ocillioscope to trigger on all sorts of crazy waveforms...

I would imagine that the trigger VI would operate the same as the triggering on a modern DSO.

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,134 Views)

I have a falling voltage starting at 3.3v it crosses at 3.00. I want to trigger there.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,129 Views)
Solution
Accepted by RavensFan

@Heyou wrote:

I have a falling voltage starting at 3.3v it crosses at 3.00. I want to trigger there.

Well I would set the trigger for 3.00 volts and trigger on the falling edge to begin with and work from there.

trigger.png

========================
========================
Message 6 of 7
(6,120 Views)

I missed the falling edge selection on the VI. That seems to have locked it in.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,114 Views)