cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hysteresis

Solved!
Go to solution

Basic Level Trigger Detection vi. Hysteresis

What is the hysteresis level? Is it a percentage a voltage level or what?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,182 Views)

signal in contains the signal in which to detect a trigger.

level specifies the threshold value signal in must cross before a trigger is detected. The default is 0.

hysteresis specifies the amount above or below level through which signal in must pass before a trigger level crossing is detected. The default is 0.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361M-01/lvwave/basic_level_trigger_detect/

So basically once "Signa In" cross "level" trigger=True and it will remain True until "signal In" crosses "hysteresis".

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,160 Views)

In layman's terms if I wanted to trigger at 3.00V with a negative slope and had a hysteresis of .01, I would theoretically trigger somewhere between 3.00V and 2.99?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,150 Views)

@Heyou wrote:

In layman's terms if I wanted to trigger at 3.00V with a negative slope and had a hysteresis of .01, I would theoretically trigger somewhere between 3.00V and 2.99?

Negitive slope? Do you want to trigger on -3.00 volts or triggir on the falling edge of a +3.00 volt pulse?

You will have to bear with me here as I have never used the trigger VI, but have used an ocillioscope to trigger on all sorts of crazy waveforms...

I would imagine that the trigger VI would operate the same as the triggering on a modern DSO.

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,144 Views)

I have a falling voltage starting at 3.3v it crosses at 3.00. I want to trigger there.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,139 Views)
Solution
Accepted by RavensFan

@Heyou wrote:

I have a falling voltage starting at 3.3v it crosses at 3.00. I want to trigger there.

Well I would set the trigger for 3.00 volts and trigger on the falling edge to begin with and work from there.

trigger.png

========================
========================
Message 6 of 7
(6,130 Views)

I missed the falling edge selection on the VI. That seems to have locked it in.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,124 Views)