LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyper terminal Launching from labview

One reason for the backlash is that it is hugely inefficient.  Have you ever tried to relay a message thorugh someone on the phone to the person on the other side?  It's a huge hassle, right?  Same thing.

It's actually worse than that because Hyperterminal isn't designed to be remotely controlled, so you'll be spending way more time and resources trying to figure out a way to communicate with than you would by whipping up a quick communications package in LV for it.  For instance, how much time have you taken just asking these questions?  In the time you've taken to present your case, you could've completed the comm code.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 33
(338 Views)

Hi Billko

Yes. You are absolutly right. Thank you for giving clear picture for me. I will be going with the connection between controller "code with AT commands" and the "VI".

I really appreciate the way you convinced me. Smiley Happy  

Message 32 of 33
(312 Views)

We have all fallen into variations of this trap before, so don't sweat it.  😄

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 33
(301 Views)