From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hydraulic Cylinder force regulation PID CompactRIO

Hello I am a beginner student from Europe.

I would like to create a force regulation in LabView. There is a hydraulic cylinder with a load cell in the end of the rod.

I would like to create a simple PID regulation in LabView, I mean I type the force value in LabView, for example: 10kN and I load up the program to the NI9237 CompactRIO. Afterthat somehow, the analog output signal from crio go to the proportional hydraulic pressure relief. The cylinder create the force, the load cell measure it and send the analog output signal back to the crio. I hope you can understand me.

The load cell can receive tension signal

I need also a pressure relief what can receive tension signal

My question, is it possible ,what  i would like to do? I do not understand, how can become the force signal to -10 - +10 V signal?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,604 Views)

The NI 9237 is a bridge module for a cRIO capable of handling 4 Analog Input channels.  How you wire it up to your Instrument depends a lot on your sensors.  Do you know about MAX?  I would think you should be able to plug in your sensors, following the particular instructions for each of them, then configure MAX to return its measurements in the units you tell MAX to use.  A/D converters generally use a ±10v range, but MAX's scaling allows you to make this represent whatever "natural" units you want (such as Newtons).  It can even handle curvilinear scaling of your sensor.

Do you have access to colleagues with LabVIEW experience?  This should be a very straight-forward task for them to handle for you.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,571 Views)