LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to write variables to spreadsheet file

Solved!
Go to solution

I am running a program in the run continously mode.

One of the variables changes with time(It is inside a while loop and is a part of DAQ task).I want to record all the values that this variable takes during run time and write them to a spreadsheet file?

How can that be done?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,225 Views)

@Gaussy wrote:

I am running a program in the run continously mode.

Stop doing that.  Put a loop around your code and stop with a stop button.  The run continuously is meant purely for debugging purposes.

Gaussy wrote:One of the variables changes with time(It is inside a while loop and is a part of DAQ task).I want to record all the values that this variable takes during run time and write them to a spreadsheet file?

How can that be done?

Use the Write To Spreadsheet File function.  If you want more specific help, you will need to share some code.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,221 Views)

I am uploading a snapshot for my VI. I am creating a PID application.What I need to do is to record all the values of measured RPM and desired RPM with timestamps to an Excel sheet..so that i can make a plot of this to observe transient response.I have no clue as to how to go about doing this!nipost.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,193 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gaussy

Give this example a look over.  I am opening a file before my main loop starts and closing it after the main loop.  Inside of the loop, I am formating my data into a tab delimited string.  I am then saving that string to the file.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,159 Views)

I did the same and it worked!!!Smiley Happy

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,143 Views)