LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to write the data from text control to serial communication port and how to read the same data from serial communication port to the text indicator in LabVIEW

How to write the data from Text Control to Serial Communication port and How to read the same data from the Serial Communication Port to the Text Indicator.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,256 Views)

Hi

You do this by using VISA got to Functions-> Instrument I/O-> serial, also see examples give with LabVIEW for the same

LabVIEW Examples-> hardware i/o -> serial

Hope this helps

Regards

Dev

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,251 Views)

You can use a string control  and a local variable to write to it.

Here is an example that uses the event structure and the property node to find out what you typed in. And send out only the new characters no matter where you type it in the control. But beware, I don't say this is fool proof Smiley Wink

The string recieved is added at the end of the string.

VI is LV7.1

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,245 Views)

ups,  that wasn't what you where looking for . Select HELP - Find examples and search for simple serial read write . You will need a null modem cable to read the same characters.

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,244 Views)