LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to write n-channel to an independet measurement file?

Hi, I'm new to labview and I'm having a problem while writing the measurement to a file. I'm acquiring two analog signals with the NI 6009 and I actually write the data to a file succesfully. The thing is that I'm getting one file with three columns of data (time, channel 1, channel2), but I would prefer to have data coming from channel 1 (index 0) being saved on a file, and data coming from channel 2 (index 1) being saved on an independent file. Can I actually do that? Thanks in advance for your help.

Oscar

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,259 Views)

Hi Oscar,

You can do that by using 2 copies of the function you're using to write the data to file.

I am not sure how exactly you're doing it, but If you're using the Write to Measurement File Express VI, do should do something like this:

VI.png

That would be good if you post your VI here and explain us with a little more detail what exactly are you trying to do.

Best Regards

Felipe Flores
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,217 Views)

Hi Felipe, attached is the VI I was working with. As you can see I have configure a DAQ assitant to measure two analog voltages. After that I used the Set Dynamic Data Attributes VI to give a name to each signal. However, I was getting the two signals on a single Write To Measurement File VI, although I used different WTMF VI for each Set Dynamic Data Attributes VI. Now I have tried with the Split Signal function and I'm finally getting one file for each channel. But now I have got another problem. As you can see on the right side of the image, I'm using the bundle function to plot two XY graphs on a single Mixed Signal Graph. The thing is that both XY graphs share the same X axes values, say the voltage signal 1, so I would expect the Mixed Signal Graph to plot both graphs having the voltage as the X axis, but I don't know why it keeps plotings the graphs against time and not voltage. Is there something I can do to change the data being plot on the X axis of the mixed signal graph?

Thanks a lot for your kind help!

Oscar

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,201 Views)