LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to write express tables row and column headers in a file

Solved!
Go to solution

HI guys i am working with express table and displaying some data using express table. What i want to do is that when i press the save results button the data in the express table must be written in a text file. I am able to write the text file but only data is written. Is there any possiblity that i can also write the Row and Column headers along with the data in the text file. Kindly guide me about this as soon as possible. I am attaching the image also. kindly look at this and guide me.

Regards Ehtisham Safdar.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,674 Views)

Hi,

I understood your query but i have few questions on it , for writing the data in a text file are you using a express write to measurement file vi or write data vi. If you attach your

block diagram i will help you out in a better way.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,668 Views)

Sorry i forgot to attach that vi with my question i am attaching it right now please take a look at this and tell me. Although i have found out a way to do it but that is very cumbersome. I am indexing the string array which i get from the express table and then with each row i have to concetenate the row header and this will not b a good option but as i dont have any other solution right now so i have to work with it.

Kindly tell me if there is any other simple way of doing it.

Regards Ehtisham safdar.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,639 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author shami81

Hi,

Sorry for the late response. Here is the VI, hope this works for you. Rather than index each element and appending the row header, make use of the available icons and play around with property nodes for a good solution.

Regards

Geetha

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,633 Views)
hello there! i have some more to ask and please tell me that how can i write the data column by column from the express table into a txt file. Because when i indexed the table values for the columns it returned me the values but in the form of rows. Now i am unable to find a way to transpose these values. There are 8 columns in my table i want to write 2 of them each time in a different file with the row n column headers too and wana do it for the rest of 6 columns too. Kindly help me out for this. I will be very thankful to you for this.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,579 Views)

Hi,

1. Is to the same text file you want to writedata column by column ?If it is so use index array and specify the row or column you wish.

2. As it is 1d array there is no use of using transpose array

3. To write only 2column with headers means, as told in 1st point use index array write it in text fle as shown in the previous Vi.

Hope this helps you.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,569 Views)

Hi,

I hope this is what you are looking for.Hope the attached vi works as per you.Let me know if any issues.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,566 Views)

Thanks again for a quick response but one most important thing i missed to mention is that i am using labveiw 8 so kindly post the solution competible to this version i will be very thankful.

The problem is not with indexing i know i can index all the columns but the problem is when i convert this array to spread sheet string it does not remain a column it becomes a row when i write it to the file it shows it as a row so this is the issue. Can you tell me how can i solve this issue? I couldnot check the solution you put coz i have labview 8 so kindly post it in this version if possible otherwise post the snapshot of the block diagram.

Regards Ehtsiham Safar

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,564 Views)

HI ,

PLs check the attached Vi.It is in 8.0.Hope this work. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,556 Views)

Thanks for your kind reply i am very much thankful to you for all your help. Your solution has worked 100% i just had to modify it a  lil bit. Thanks again for taking out time and providing the solution.

Kind regards.

Ehtisham Safdar

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,528 Views)