From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use two activex class objects in same vi

HI

I am using labview to read ECU data from INCA software .INCA providing COMTOOL API(incacom.dll). I am using ACTIVEX for  communication between INCA & Labview. My problem is If I have used single activex class object  I am able to read Inca version, getting the database path etc. If I have used two activex class in same vi (one to open Inca & other one is to read the folder structure) I am not getting output.I have attached snapshot for referance

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,018 Views)

There is no general issue with using multiple ActiveX classes in the save VI. This sounds more like an issue with the specific ActiveX component that you are using. I would suggest contacting the component vendor with this question.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,992 Views)

OK

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,982 Views)

As you are only using references one after the other, you could try closing references before opening the other.

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,979 Views)

Hi

i have closed the reference before opening another reference .

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,975 Views)

It wasnt in the first two images you posted, or I couldnt see it anyway! That was the only reason.

Did you try the database block on its own, just to confirm that it is working?

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,969 Views)

no its not working

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,964 Views)

Hi

Finally I have achieve the communication between INCA & Labview Now I am able to read the calibration & measurement.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,921 Views)

Do you want to share you solution?

I'm in the same situation. Can read a value from INCA but not a table. Also would like to write value to a table further on.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,748 Views)