LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use triggering with Save to ASCII/LVM step Signal Express

Hello,

With Signal Express 2012, I am trying to acquire filtered strain data from a 9237 module and filtered voltage data from a 9215 module.  This is a high speed test (25 Ks/s sampling rate), so I need to use triggering and start/stop conditions.  I have tried using the recording options tab to define the signals I want to log as well as the start and stop conditions.  With the recording options setup with triggering, I can click "RUN" and the status will say "waiting for start conditions"  and will log data only when the start condition is met and for a set time (0.1 seconds is what I need in this case).  This works very well except that I cannot get a time column in the data and the filtered strain data is recorded in one text file and the filtered voltage data is recorded in a seperate text file.

I then tried inserting a "Save to ASCII/LVM" step.  This allows me to very nicely acquire all the signals I want and also include a time column.  The text file format is exactly what I want.  However, the triggering start condition that is set up in the recording options tab is disregarded by the Save to ASCII/LVM step and I end up with data from the time "RUN" is clicked until the test is ended - thousand and thousands of data points are recorded before the start conditions are reached.

Is there a convenient triggering option for the Save to ASCII/LVM step,

or

Is there a way to combine data acquired through the "recording options" tab and include a time column?

Thanks a lot,

Justin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,012 Views)

Hello,

You said that you were using the triggering start condition in the Recording Options tab, have you tried to use the triggering options in the Step Setup tab? This link discusses some triggering options available:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/9DE9E3E4DAD9EE93862579C60018B6EA

Have you already attempted all of these options?

Mason M

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Mason M
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,970 Views)