LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use token for instruments sharing?

I am working on the parallel test architecture, now faced a question that how to share instruments among multiple devices under test (DUT for short)?

Suppose we need 2 instruments for the functional test, and 8 DUTs will test in parallel. If instrument 'A' is occupied by DUT #6, so it will be LOCKED until DUT #6 release the token after test complete. Then the instrument 'B' is occupied by DUT #2. Other 6 DUTs will waiting in the queue one by one, and they only can using the two instruments in turns after DUT #6 & #2 release them.

Is there any reference code? Any suggestion is highly appreciated!

"I think therefore I am"
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,710 Views)
TestStand is perfect for this. All of the functions for this are built-in. I once looked into doing everything in LabVIEW but it just wasn't cost effective. Delivered in a much more timely manner as well.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,702 Views)

Thanks for reply.

Of course I know NI teststand, but I am not going to use it. I wanna write my own code. Do you have any suggestion?

"I think therefore I am"
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,697 Views)
Do you want to complete all tests for dut a before moving to dut b or is it test 1 dut 1, test 1 dut 2, etc.? Is there a mux to switch the different instruments to different duts?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,689 Views)

All DUTs are test in parallel asynchronously, once a DUT finished all test sequence, it can be removed and put a new DUT for testing.

And, all DUTs can connected to each instruments independently through switch, once a DUT get the token, test program will switch this DUT to the right instrument.

"I think therefore I am"
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,684 Views)