From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use repeated values in a ring text control? There are another similar control?

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chuckero

@Chuckero wrote:

The benefits of a ring is to group constants of same family, like, parameters of instrument, parameters of process, general parameters, etc.

And having a global variable file for each group will accomplish the same thing.  Plug each parameter will be able to be its own data type.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(961 Views)
I used a cluster of locals/globals for each group. That also permitted different data types.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(953 Views)

Hi 

There are an auto-update control? How about type defs?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(944 Views)

It isn't really updating a ring control.  A global variable node is linked to a specific global variable file.  So if you add an item to that file, then everywhere you have a global linked to that file can use that value.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(939 Views)

I did a test right now, and using global variable files, one for each family of variable,  really meets my needs!

Thanks again!

Message 15 of 15
(925 Views)