LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Network Streams to Connect to Starter Kit

First of all: Does the reader in the Roaming.vi work for you?

I have not seen any code in your Roaming.vi-hierarchy making a call to Kinect Obstacle Avoidance.vi. Is this on purpose?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(412 Views)

I ahve not made any call To Kinect Obstacle Avoidance on purpose.The way network streams work is run both the VIs(writer and reader) simultaneously and the stream gets connected(I've tried the same with 2 PCs and it worked,writer in one PC and reader in another).So I run Roaming and Kinect simultaneously.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(409 Views)

Does the Reader work,no,it is not getting connected.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(408 Views)

So, you are sure that Roaming.vi is running properly on your DaNI, but the reader in this VI is not getting connected to the writer from your host. Is that correct?

I hope you double checked IP addresses and the physical connection itself (wireless?) including firewall settings.

If it still does not run, do the basic examples of Network Streams run properly?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(389 Views)

Yes,DaNI works fine ,i've tested using the Roaming.vi given by NI,and believe me I've checked all Firewall settings like(lkads.exe,NiRioRpc.exe,Labview2010.exe,WebServer.exe have been added to exceptions plus I have changed my network to HOme as recommended by NI).

I've tested other Network Stream Programs (mine aswell as NI's) b/w two PC's and they worked fine.Now,If you think I missed any other firewall setting or if the DaNI has a firewall that needs to be configured then please let me know.I've been trying everything from nearly 5 days,nothing works.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(383 Views)