LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Network Streams to Connect to Starter Kit

Hi,

I have used Network Streams successfully(after certain changes to firewall settings) to connect two PCs to transfer data.But the same when i try to connect with a starter kit,I am unable to do so.There is no output,it is as if the connection is not being established.Can somebody please help me,I have been stuck on this for more than 4 days.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(2,911 Views)

Could you tell us, what you mean by "Starter Kit"? Is it some kind of hardware or a software package? Who is the vendor/maker?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(2,896 Views)

Labview Starter Kit is a robot manufactured by National Instruments.SB RIO 9631 is the model.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(2,894 Views)

Ah, you are talking about DaNI.

Hm, i would expect that kit to "understand" network streams.... if you implement it in the RT part of the sbRIO. Did you already do this?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(2,890 Views)

Yes , I am talking about DaNI.I implemented Network Streams in The ROaming.vi to gather data from kinect.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(2,888 Views)

And if you mean by RT part that Real-Time should be installed,then ive installed it.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(2,886 Views)

Yes, i mean LV Real Time. Did you implement network streams there as well? So is an application running on the sbRIO capable of accepting a network stream?

If not, this is the reason...

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(2,880 Views)

Yes , As I have said the Roaming.vi which runs on the SbRIO has a stream reader reading data from the program.Now,Do both the writer and the reader program be in the deployed project or can they be seperately executed(anywas i've tried both).

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(2,878 Views)

Since i haven't got DaNI, you might want to post your Roaming.vi. I would DaNI expect to properly work with network streams if the API is available in the palette for the DaNI target.

I recommend to use both streams (up and down) within the same application, since RT expects you to run only a single top level application. Of course, the streams can be contained in individual subVIs within that application.

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(2,874 Views)

Here are the files.The Kinect Obst.. has the writer ,while the roaming has the reader.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(2,872 Views)