LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use LabView to control Primera Bravo II CD burner?

Solved!
Go to solution
I am trying to use LabView to control the Primera Bravo II CD burner and label printer. The software that controls the Bravo II is PTPublisher. How to use LabView to communicate/control the PTPublisher? Please help, Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,858 Views)
Hi Qian,

I installed PTPublisher on a virtual machine, and I was wondering what kind of tasks you wanted to control within LabVIEW.  From the program GUI, it appears like the only way to access functions is via mouse clicks.  Do you know of any other way to control the Bravo II CD burner besides the PTPublisher software?  If not, does the PTPublisher allow you to control it in some way other than clicking?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,829 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Hooovahh

Primera actually has a SDK called PTBurn that allows you to do automation of their DVD duplicators.

Not exactly a drop into LabVIEW, but it's not too difficult to write some LV code to interface with their API.

Message 3 of 5
(2,523 Views)

@warren_scott wrote:

Primera actually has a SDK called PTBurn that allows you to do automation of their DVD duplicators.

Maybe they didn't 7 years ago...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,514 Views)

Don't be so quick to judge. 

PTBurn 2.5 came out in January of 2005, and many upgrades since then (and documentation suggests there were versions before 2.5 with reduced feature sets) .

I had the same problem as the OP, and found this post and it had no resolution, and didn't have any answers. Did a bunch of my own research and found the answer and wanted the information I found to be there so someone in my same situation searching the forums would have something to work from.

Yes it's an old post, but I don't know of a better way to document the information/answers (let me know if there is one).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,509 Views)