From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use LabVIEW to collect Temperature vs Frequency data in a Tunnel Diode Reasonator experiment?

So to try and be clear with what I believe we need the VI to function like, this is the list of things it needs to accomplish:

1: Be able to input an experiment title that will be saved in the .txt file

2: Be able to input a time stamp that will be saved in the same .txt file

3: Be able to input a set point temperature (temperature for the experiment to run to and then stop the VI form running) -if possible additional option that would be nice is where we could specify a start temperature set point and an end temperature set point for the program to run.

4: Be able to input number of data sets to be taken from base temperature to set point temperature and do so uniformly (i.e. so if we want 100 or 1000 data sets from 0-100 K we could input and do either test) - For this to happen I believe this same input must also be able to control the ramp rate of the Lake Shore. Thus for 100 data points it would ramp at a rate of 1K per data set. But for 1000 data points it would ramp at a rate of .1K per data set and so on for whatever different data set collection value that is input.

5: Be able to input all other things needed to run the program correctly i.e. (Visa resource name for both the Lake Shore and Frequency counter, etc.)

6: Be able to specify the name and path for the saved file so that we can save the data sets to .txt files.

7: As the program runs display the output graph of Frequency vs. Temperature on the front panel.

8: Be able to stop the program if needed yet still be able to see the data on the Graph without it disappearing.

9: Once the set point is achieved stop the data collection and stop the program from running, yet still be able to see the data on the Graph without it disappearing until the next run. –Potentially like saving the .txt files could this graph save to a file automatically?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(804 Views)

The previous TDR Frequency vs Temperature.vi was not the most up to date one. Here is the more updated version. Although the changes are rather minut.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(800 Views)